Monday 19 February 2007

A wheely long way!


Forth & Clyde Canal
Originally uploaded by Lidwit.

We actually managed 20k!!!
(And there I thought I was doing well on Wednesday with my 16k power walk around Broadwood Loch... )

Having enlisted the chauffeur services of my husband... who was curiously only too happy to drive me miles from anywhere and dump me... we took a return route along the Forth & Clyde Canal taking us from The Falkirk Wheel back to Auchenstarry Basin near Kilsyth (10m) and then back up the hill to my house for a well earned cuppa.

Along the way we began thinking of other places of interest to keep our walks alive. The last thing we want is for this to become a chore. We figure we may as well make the most of our training and get some sightseeing in along the way. Where??? I'm not telling - you'll just have to keep visiting the blog to find out.

Oh, and before I go. I'd just like to mention I tracked down the store Red was talking about... you know... 'Athlete's Foot'? Only it's not called that at all. We'll blame it on a senior moment as the shop is actually named 'Achille's Heel'. Muahaha - trust me, I'm getting some mileage out of that.

No comments: