Sunday 11 February 2007

Waddle Wars!


Hello Duckie!
Originally uploaded by Lidwit.

Another Sunday another training session and the waddle wars are heating up. This handsome fellow seemed to take quite a shine to my gait as I lumbered past his beach hopelessly trying to catch up with Red again.

As we pressed on it became clear that we were not going to manage the three circuits of the loch we'd hoped to complete today.
"This feels like more than 5k," said Red and I had to agree... silently nodding and still straggling.

Once home I dug out a walkers map and my string and began to measure. Once around Broadwood Loch is indeed the 3k we were told but the Strathy Loch is very definitely more. By my reckoning it's 6k which means we clocked a very respectable 12k today. Slightly less than we intended but still an increase on last week so nothing to be ashamed of.

No comments: