Tuesday 6 February 2007

Blustering through the blisters.


Moonwalkers!
Originally uploaded by Lidwit.

First day of training and would you believe we clocked a very respectable 10k in under 90 mins. A trifle for Red who will happily run the same distance in a fraction of the time. However, a somewhat less than fit yours truly kept up admirably with Red's blistering walking pace and even managed to hold a conversation... sort of.

Puff, pech, wheeeeeeeeeeze!

The muscles have taken note of the new demands placed on them and are consequently complaining bitterly, downing ligaments and working to rule. Fear not - negotiations are in progress and I hope to be mobile again by next week.

5 comments:

chrishigh said...

Oh those acursed ligaments. What you need is a good rub down with a wet Echo and some chocolate.

Great Blogspot, Lids. Best of luck with the panting, er, walking.

Chris

Red said...

All I can say is, if I look that knackered after 6 miles, how bad will the photo be after 26.*SOBS LOUDLY*

lidwit said...

Fear not my friend for the solution is at hand. Stand next to me and you'll look just grand.

Red said...

oh lord - 26 miles and bad rhyming couplets too!

lidwit said...

Can I just remind you that my belly is learning to dance thanks to you. That's way more than the rest of me can muster.