Sunday 17 June 2007

WE DID IT!!!


Full Moon medal
Originally uploaded by Lidwit.

We actually completed the Moonwalk in a very respectable time of 7 hours and 50 minutes. We're tired and our muscles ache but amazingly we have no blisters or injury and we are delighted to have achieved our personal best both in distance and time. The pace was quick but we kept up admirably and even had the strength (endorphine and adrenalin fuelled as it was) to attempt a power walk for the last 500m to the finish.

What an experience, what a night! Despite the aches I am so glad we did this. Six months ago I found it hard to believe that it was possible but we gave ourselves the challenge and we made it happen. I can't thank Red enough for doing this with me. I'm fitter, healthier and we raised a few pounds for a great cause. What more could we ask?

More details to follow but right now... I'm off to pamper my aching muscles and feel glad that it's all over.

No comments: